Leading loft conversion specialists
Finest Quality Workmanship
Building Regulations approval will always be required when converting a loft. A building control surveyor will come to site to inspect your conversion at various stages and will be responsible for issuing a completion certificate upon final inspection.
If your home is semi-detached or terraced, then you will need to notify your neighbours of your planned work if it falls under the requirements of the Party Wall Act.
When it comes to a loft conversion, you are most likely to be concerned with Parts L, K, B and P of the Building Regulations.
Part L of the Building Regulations requires U-value targets for thermal efficiency to be met when you convert your loft into habitable space.
Part K concerns preventative measures from falling, collisions and impact, and requires a minimum headroom of 2m for all escape routes, including the stairs (although the rules are relaxed a little for staircases providing access to a loft conversion).
Parts B and P are concerned with fire and electrical safety respectively. Complying with Building Regs’ requirements on fire safety can be complex. In two or more storey homes, where an escape window would be more than 4.5m from the ground level, a ‘protected’ staircase needs to lead down to an exterior door — which can cause some issues if your staircase rises from a room, rather than the hallway on the ground floor, or your ground floor is open plan. There are typically solutions in both instances, but this area needs consideration with your design and/or build team.
With all Loft Conversions from TC Leonard we will deal with all Building Regulations on your behalf, this can be daunting to a home owner so we take all the hassle away from you for drwings, planning permission and building regulations too.
Why use TC LEONARD for Loft Conversions & House Extensions
- Over 20 Years Experience Offering Loft Conversions & House Extensions.
- Free No Obligation Survey & Quotation.
- Working In Partnership With Birmingham City Council Building Control.
- Complete Solution From Start To Finish - We Take Care Of Everything For You
- Guaranteed To Add Value To Your Property
- Fully Insured For Your Peace Of Mind
- Already Have Ideas? We Can Take Your Ideas And Make Them Into A Reality
- Drawings, Planning Permission and Building Regulations - We Will Sort Everything For You.
- Plumbing, Electrics & Gas All Handled By Fully Accredited Professionals
- When The Job Is Complete Everything Will Be Tidied So You Will Never Know We Were There.
Done my roof 1 day ago outstanding work by himself and his team would recommend him to anyone thanks bar the best builders I have ever used and most certainly use again thank you once again
David WoodWould Recommend To Anyone
Loft conversion carried out by TCL just before Xmas 2016. Very impressed with quality of work, professionalism of employees & overall experience! Any questions from us (no matter how trivial) were listened to and answered in a way that was easy to understand etc. Would 110% recommended them to anyone that asks.